Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Independent Filmmakers – The Art and Craft of the Director Audio Seminar

I first started making films (on Super 8 no less) when I was 16 years old. I ‘d make movies of our high school parties, film my friends as they drove around in their cars and created pixelated animations with model race cars in my basement. After graduating from Grade 12, I spent three years in film school (1970 – 1973) and then hit the streets looking for THE job that would kick-start my filmmaking career. My first professional film job (meaning I finally got paid) was on a Certs commercial in 1974. I was the guy (P.A.) holding the brown paper bag just under the actor (and just below camera) so when the director yelled "Cut!" the actor could spit the candy into the bag I was holding. Ahh yes…those were the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment